Chicken hot dog recipe
What is hot dog ?
Hot Dog is a grilled or steamed sausage sandwich ,where the sausage is served in the partially slit hot dog bun. The condiments use includes mustard, mayonnaise and tomato ketchup . And is garnish with olive, onion , lettuce and cheese.
Hot dog is a popular and loved food item in America. There are different facts and opinions about its origin. But these type of sausage and their sandwiches were culturally imported from Germany and become very popular in United States of America. Thus Hot Dog become a working class street food and associated with American culture.
I am sharing the easy and simple version of hot dog recipe which is easy to make at home with some basic ingredients. I have added some salad and veggies to keep the high calorie count under control.
Hot Dog recipe ingredients
Sausage : 2 to 3 chicken cocktail sausages or hot dog sausages
Hot dog bun : 1 hot dog bun
Sauces ; Good quality Mustard sauce, mayonnaise and tomato sauce
Spices : paprika powder, red chilly flakes and oregano
Vegetables : fresh and ripe tomato and few lettuce leafs
Others : extra virgin olive oil and salt
Steps to make hot dog
Heat a non stick pan with olive oil over medium heat flame. When it become hot add the chicken sausages , red chilly flakes, oregano, paprika powder and salt. Grill them for 2 minutes and remove.
When the sausages cool down, cut them length wise into two parts.
Apply mustard paste and mayonnaise on the inner sides of the hot dogs bun.
Place some lettuce leafs over the mustard and mayonnaise paste bun. Then place the tomato slices over the lettuce leafs. Now top it with the chicken hot dog sausage.
Close the bun with other part of hot dog bun and press lightly to set everything. Place the hot dog in a plate and garnish with olives and ketchup and serve.
If you love this Chicken hot dog recipe, I am sure you would love the following recipe as well....
Hot dog recipe
Grilled chicken sausages are arranged inside a hot dog bun with lettuce and tomato slices. Mustard paste and mayonnaise are applied inside the hot dog bun.
Prep time 10 min cook time 10 min serve 1
Author Mobasir hassan
- 2-3 Chicken Hot Dog sausage or cocktail sausage
- 1 Hot Dog bun
- 1 teaspoon mustard paste
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup
- 1/2 tomato slice
- 1 Lettuce leaf
- 1/3 teaspoon red chilly flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt as per taste
- Heat a non stick pan with olive oil and grill the sausages with salt, paprika powder and oregano for 2 minutes.
- Remove and cool down. Cut them into two half lengthwise.
- Slice the hot dogs bun into two parts and toast them to golden brown.
Making the hot dogs sandwich
- Apply mayonnaise and mustard paste on the inner sides of both hot dogs bun.
- Take the lower slice of the bun and place a lettuce leaf over the mayo mustard paste.
- Place tomato slices over the lettuce leaves.
- Now arrange the sausages over tomato slice and close them with the remaining hot dogs bun.
- Press lightly to set everything well inside the bun.
- Garnish with olive, tomato ketchup and mustard paste.
Nutritional value ( estimate only)
( serving size 1)
For more popular recipes
- Calorie : 226
- Fats : 11.02 g
- Protein : 9.74 g
- Carbohydrate : 21.36 g