Paneer pakora | paneer pakoda
Paneer pakora or pakoda is a crisp batter fried paneer snacks ( fritters) made by spiced gram flour batter and paneer. It is usually served with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
Paneer pakora is a popular evening tea time snacks loved by kids as well.
Whenever you make paneer pakora at home use corn flour into the batter to make it crispy and serve immediately. Generally it become soggy quickly so it is good to serve them immediately after frying.
If the pakora become soggy you can reheat them by frying in a hot oil for one minute. For best paneer pakora recipe you can marinate them with some red chilli powder and chat masala.
Carom seeds or ajwain bring a nice aromatic flavour. Ajwain is considered as a good digestive agent. So it is good to use ajwain in the recipe.
Steps to make the recipe
Marinate paneer pakora
Cut the paneer into small bite size pieces. I prefer to cut them into triangle shaped as it looks beautiful when serving in a plate. You can cut them into any shape of your choice.
Then apply small pinch of chat masala and red chilli powder on the pieces to absorb the flavours. Keep them aside for 6 to 7 minutes to marinate.
Batter for paneer pakora
We need to make a thick batter without any lumps for the pakora. Take the besan in a mixing bowl and add corn flour, green chili paste, ginger garlic paste, carom seeds, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, salt and chat masala.
Pour water slowly and mix everything nicely to make the batter. Make sure that the batter is thick and without any lumps.
If the batter become thin, add some more besan to make it thick. In place of corn flour, you can use rice flour as well. But in this recipe I have used corn flour to make extra crispy paneer pakora. Add the marinated paneer pieces into the batter and coat well from all sides.
Frying paneer pakora
Heat oil in a kadai or deep vessel pan in medium heat flame. When the oil become hot lower the flame to low.
Now add the marinated paneer pieces into the oil one by one. Fry them for one minute under low flame heat then increase the flame to medium flame heat. Fry the pakora till become crisp golden from all sides.
Remove them in a absorbent paper to absorb any excess oil and garnish in a plate. Sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves and chat masala and serve hot with some green chutney or tomato sauce.
Paneer pakora can be made by stuffing with some spices like mint chutney, schezwan sauce and tomato sauce. This is called stuffed paneer pakora. To make this cut paneer into one inch cubes pieces. Then take one cube and cut it from the middle keeping other side intact. With a knife stuff either green chutney or schezwan sauce into the paneer cube where we cut it.
Now deep into the batter and deep fry till crisp golden.
You can also make a jain paneer pakora by not using ginger garlic paste in the recipe.
More popular recipes with paneer
Paneer pakora recipe
Paneer pakora is a crisp deep fried batter coated paneer snacks or fritters usually served with green chutney and tomato sauce. This is a popular evening tea time snacks can be easily make at home.
Prep time 7 min, cook time 5 min, serve 2
Author : Mobasir hassan
- 150 gm paneer
- 1/2 cup besan ( gram flour)
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1/3 teaspoon green chilli paste
- 1/3 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1/4 teaspoon chat masala
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- First cut the paneer into triangle shaped having thin slices.
- Then apply small pinch of chat masala and red chilli powder to all the pieces of paneer to marinate.
- Take the besan in a mixing bowl and add corn flour, green chili paste, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, salt, carom seeds and chat masala.
- Pour water slowly and give a good nice mix to make a thick batter without any lumps.
- Now add the marinated paneer pieces into the batter and coat them evenly from all sides.
- Heat oil in a deep vessel pan or wok in medium flame heat. When the oil become hot lower the flame.
- Add the batter coated paneer pieces one by one into the hot oil.
- Fry them till crisp golden from all sides. Remove in a kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil.
- Garnish them with chopped coriander leaves and sprinkle some chat masala.
- Serve them immediately with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
Paneer pakora recipe video
- Calorie : 83
- Fats : 4 g
- In place of corn flour you can use rice flour as well to make then crispy.
- For best result marinate the paneer pieces for 10 to 15 minutes.