Fried potato recipe | Thai fried potato
|Thai crispy potato|
Thai cuisine is one of the best and popular cuisine around the world . There are some famous Thai dish like Tom Yam Goong, Pad Thai, Som Tam, Massamam Curry, Green Curry etc which are very popular world wide
The characterises of Thai food as attention to detail,texture, colour, taste and use of ingredients with medical benefits as well as flavors. Care being given to foods appearance, smell and context.
People of all age group love Thai foods and today I am going to share one of the easy and tasty recipe of Thai cuisine.
I think this is the best alternative to Potato wedges. Thai crispy potato is really a winner compare with potato wedges.
It has some amazing ingredients that lack in a regular potato wedges.
Below I am sharing the full recipe of Thai crispy fried potato.
Fried potato recipe
These fried potato are marinated with Thai red curry paste, lemongrass, thai ginger and fresh basil leaves. Coated with a better of all purpose flour and corn flour with spices and deep fried till crisp golden.
Preparation time :- 10 minutes
Cooking time :- 5 minutes
Total time :- 15 minutes
Difficulty :- Easy
Serve :- 2 servings
Author :- Mobasir hassan
• 2 medium size potato
• 1 small thai ginger
• 3 - 4 chopped garlic
• 2 - 3 fresh basil leaves
• 2 - 3 green chili ( optional )
• 1/3 teaspoon chopped lemongrass
• 1/2 teaspoon thai red curry paste
• 1/2 teaspoon red chilly paste (optional)
• 1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder
• 1/2 cup corn flour
• 1/3 cup all purpose flour
• Salt as per taste
• Oil for deep frying
How to make the recipe
1. Peel the potatoes and cut into two parts lengthwise.
2. Make flat slice wedges of around two inch long.
3. Finely chopped the thai ginger, basil leaves and lemongrass.
4. Take corn flour in a mixing bowl and mix with all purpose flour, while pepper powder, thai red curry paste, salt and red chilly paste.
5. Pour very little water and make a lumbs free thick batter.
6. Add the finely chopped ginger, basil leaves and lemongrass into the batter and mix well.
Making the fried potato
1. Add the sliced potato wedges into the batter and coat evenly from all sides of the potatoes.
2. Keep the potatoes to marinate and absorb all the flavours from the batter.
3. Heat oil in a deep vessel pan on medium heat flame untill hot.
4. Carefully add the batter coated potato wedges into the oil and lower the flame.
5. Deep fry the potatoes for around 5 minutes or till crisp golden.
6. Remove them in a absorbent paper to absorb any excess oil.
7. Garnish them in a plate and serve hot.
Below you can read the step by step method with photos for the recipe for a better understanding......
|Basil,thai Ginger,lemongrass, garlic, chillies|
|Salt, aromatic powder white pepper powder|
|Thai red curry paste, Red chilly paste,corn starch, All purpose flour|
You can also check the following best recipe:-
* Best Golden fried pineapple fingers
* Indo chinese fusion Recipe crispy chicken
1. Peel the potato and cut it into half length wise. Make thin flat size wedges of 2 inch long.
2. Finely chopped the thai ginger, basil leaves and lemongrass. Make a paste of the green chillies. You can avoid to use green chillies.
3. Make a thick batter using corn flour and all purpose flour. The batter should be well enough to coat the potatoes.
4. Mix white pepper powder, salt , thai curry paste and red chilly paste to the above batter .
The purpose of using the red chilly paste is to give it a nice red colour. You can add something else in place of red chilly paste for the color.
5. Now mix lemongrass, basil leaves, garlic and thai ginger. Mix well.
6. Add the potato wedges and coat well with batter.
|Potato in batter|
7. Leave the mixture for few minutes to absorb the flavor.
8. Heat oil in a pan and fry the potatoes till crisp and goldren.
9. Serve the crispy potato with your choice of sauces, preferably with sweet chilly sauce.
|Thai crispy potato|
It taste amazing with every bite in your mouth. You can feel the flavor of basil, lemongrass and ginger.
For more recipes :-
* Classic chicken kalmi kebab recipe
* Tandoori chicken lollipop recipe