Greek salad recipe | how to make Greek salad recipe
Greek salad is one of the healthiest and easiest salad to make . Greek salad recipe with Greek salad dressing with step by step instructions is given below.
In Greek cuisine, it is also known as Village salad and Summer salad.
Original Greek salad can be distinguished by the absence of Lettuce.
Greek salad is among the most popular and sought after salad in the world.
It is very easy to make at home and has full of health benefits.
Greek salad also comes under Mediterranean diet plan. So let's enjoy the Great Greek salad today.
Here some important things about Mediterranean diet you can check below link ...
One of the Healthiest diet in the world
Preparation time:- 20 minutes
Cooking time :- 10 minutes
Difficulty :- Easy
Yields :- 2 servings
Greek salad ingredients :-
* 1 peel Cucumber
* 1 Fresh big Tomato
* 1 Onion
* Fresh Lettuce ( Iceberg)
* 1/2 Green Capsicum
* 1/2 Red and Yellow bell pepper powder
* 5-6 Black and Green Olive
* 2 tbs Feta cheese
* 2-3 Lemon slice
* Small pinch of Sugar
* Salt to taste
* 3-4 ml Olive oil
* 1/4 tbs Dry Oregano
* 2 ml Cooking White Vinegar
* 1/4 tbs Black Pepper powder
|Cucumber,onion,bell pepper, tomato,capsicum
|Olive,parsley,Feta cheese, lemon
|Olive oil, sugar, oregano
|Salt, pepper powder,vinegar
Method of preparation :-
Step by step instructions to make Greek salad recipe* First of all we need to prepare the dressing for the Greek salad. The dressing for Greek salad is called Vinaigrette dressing. It is simply easy to make.
Greek salad dressing :-Vinaigrette dressing :-
Making Greek salad make sense when you drizzle Greek salad dressing on top of it. You can easily make the dressing and can freeze it.
* Take a mixing bowl and mix Olive oil, Lemon juice, Salt ,Sugar , dry Oregano, Vinegar or red wine vinegar,black Pepper Powder and mustard paste and mix very well.
*We need to emulsify the mixture very well. These process of mixing is called emulsification. When the mixture get mixed well , add few fresh chopped parsley and olive.
* Take the peeled Cucumber, slice it length wise then cut it into dice shaped.
* Cut the Capsicum, red and yellow Bell pepper into dice shaped.
* Cut the Tomato and deseed it then cut it into dice shaped too.
* Cut the Olive into ring shaped.
* Crumble the Feta cheese and Iceberg lettuce.
* Take a mixing bowl and mix all the cutted vegetables.
* Now mix the above prepared vinaigrette dressing to the vegetables and mix well.
* Add the Iceberg lettuce and mix well slowly.
* Pour the crumbled Feta cheese above the prepared salad.
* Garnish it with fresh parsley and cherry tomatoes and serve.
Benefits of Greek salad :-
Greek salad has some amazing health benefits , it is low in calories and full dense of nutritions. It provides healthy dose of Vitamin A and Vitamin C as well as Potassium and Iron.
It also contains Phytonutrients and Antioxidants which reduces the risk of health problem such as Heart diseases and cancer.
So let's start to eat healthy diet everyday and have a long life.
For more healthy recipes :-
Cumin infused fenugreek spinach Recipe