How to make white Chicken
White chicken is now a popular and widely using chicken dish in upcoming Hotels Restaurants and events.
White chicken is a mild creamy flavoured chicken gravy prepared with very few ingredients. It is not with full of spices and masala. Very less amount of spices are used to give it its aromatic white creamy look.
White chicken often known as Murgh Mughlai or Shahi Murgh in our country and these names are widely used in restaurants and hotels.
You can check restaurant style more recipe from the below link.
* Jeera Methi Palak recipe
When we go for searching a recipe about white chicken , there are numerous recipes out there. And it is really difficult to choose the best one.
As the name suggest White chicken , it should be a pure white in texture and creamy in taste.
White Chicken recipe (Murgh Mughlai)
White Chicken is a rich creamy chicken gravy which is mild spicy in taste. Chicken pieces are simmered in a cashew based gravy with butter and cream.
Preparation time :- 15 minutes
Cooking time :- 10 minutes
Total time :- 35 minutes
Difficulty :- Easy
Serve :- 2 servings
Author :- Mobasir hassan
• 200 gm Chicken
• 1/2 cup cashew nuts
• 1/3 cup melon seeds(optional)
• 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
• 3 teaspoon fresh cream
• 2 teaspoon butter
• 1/3 teaspoon green chilli paste (optional)
• 1/3 teaspoon white pepper powder
• 1/4 teaspoon green cardamom powder
• A small pinch of crush fenugreek leaves
• Small pinch of sugar
• 1 teaspoon cooking oil
• Salt as per taste
How to make the recipe
1. Soaked the cashew nuts in warm water for 5 minutes or boil them for 5 minutes. Drain and make a fine paste using little water.
2. Heat oil with one teaspoon butter in a pan in medium flame heat.
3. Add the ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes off.
4. Add the chicken pieces and stir so that all parts of the chicken pieces get heated well for 1 minute.
5. Add half cup water and simmer the chicken pieces for 2 minutes.
6. Add salt, sugar, green chilli paste,white pepper powder, fenugreek leaves and cardamom powder.
7. Cook them for 5 more minutes.
8. Add the cashew nuts paste and mix well with the chicken.
9. Pour little water and cook until the chicken pieces are well cooked.
10. Check the seasoning and thickness of the gravy if required add little more water.
11. Pour the fresh cream and remaining butter into the gravy and cook for 2 minutes.
12. Switch off the gas flame and remove the chicken into a bowl and serve.
• Serve white Chicken with homemade chapati or phulkas.
• Tandoori roti and naan can be served with it also.
• Pour the chicken over hot steam rice and serve.
• Use of cumin powder and garam masala can change the colour of the gravy.
• To make it spicy add black pepper powder and more green chilli paste.
Below you can read the step by step method with photos for the recipe to understand better.....
|Cashew,melon seeds and White pepper|
|Fresh Cream butter ginger garlic paste|
|Sugar salt cardamom powder|
1. Boil the cashew nuts and Melon seeds for 5 minutes and make a thick paste using a mixer grinder.
2. Wash and clean the chicken pieces.
3. Take a Non stick Pan and heat oil on it.
Add 1 teaspoon butter and ginger garlic paste and cook for while till the raw smell of ginger garlic paste goes.
4. Add the chicken pieces and stir throughly so that all sides of the chicken pieces get heated well.
5. Now add little water and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Add white pepper powder, salt,sugar, fenugreek leaves and green cardamom powder.
7. Check and taste the seasoning and cook for more 5 minutes.
8. When the chicken mixture get little bit thick, add cashew nuts and Melon seeds paste.
9. Add more water and let it simmer till the chicken pieces get cooked.
10. when the gravy become little thick and the chicken pieces get cooked , add fresh cream and butter. And let it cook for more 2-3 minutes.
11. Transfer the gravy in a serving dish and garnish it with fresh cream and butter.
Serve hot with Naan ,rotis or chapati.
White chicken is a mild creamy chicken gravy .
You can check some mouth watering recipes from the below links
* Mayonnaise yogurt crispy bread wrap
* Best Crispy Chicken