Easy Pizza base recipe
How to make Pizza base
This pizza base recipe will make you learn easy pizza base at home with step by step instructions.
This recipe will make the same pizza base that we often brought from shops. And it is a tested recipe so don't worry just follow the step by step method.
This pizza base recipe is from our pastry chef who makes pizza base thrice in a week for our restaurant.
This is a standard recipe and all the ingredients ate taken in measurements. So if possible make sure to use all the ingredients in the right quality to yield best result.
Make all your favourite pizza recipe with this base to impress your friends and family.
If you love this recipe then I am sure you would love the pizza sauce recipe as well. If you are looking for a list of red sauce pasta name then here is the link with different pasta made with red sauce
Dough for pizza base
Dough is the single important thing for making a perfect pizza recipe. If you have a perfect dough then you can make a perfect base for your pizza.
You can make either a thin crust pizza base or a thick crust pizza base. Or a flat bread crust pizza base.
Take lukewarm water and not hot while activating the yeast.
Knead the dough nicely for 5 - 7 minutes and keep rest to almost double in size. Make sure that the dough is smooth and palpable one.
Roll a dough ball according to the size of a pizza base. Some are 6 inch, 9 inch or even bigger 12 inch piza base. After rolling the dough use a dough docker over the base. Or you can use a fork to mark the base. This ensures that the base bake evenly without any big bubbles.
You can use a cake ring to cut the flatten pizza dough to give them a perfect round shape.
How to use bread improver in pizza dough
Bread improver comes as ready made that you can buy from stores. It makes the base of the pizza soft and smooth. You can also get the shiny look of the base after baking.
While making the dough for pizza, use it along with other ingredients in a right portion only 30 gm for 1000 gm of flour. Gluten++ commercial name for bread improver.
Bread improver uses
- Improve the texture of bread
- Improve the colour after Baking
- Enhance the taste and composition
- Reduce the quality of other ingredients such as salt.
- It also reduce the baking time.
- Bread improver can also increase the life of bread for 3 - 4 days.
Pizza base recipe
Pizza base recipe with thin crust or thick crust pizza base. Tested pizza base recipe from professional chef.
Prep time cooking time yields
20 min 6 min. 8 - 10
Author. Mobasir hassan
- 1 kg flour ( all purpose flour or Maida)
- 20 gm sugar
- 20 gm salt
- 30 gm yeast
- 30 gm Gluten ++ bread improver(optional)
- 100 ml cooking oil ( Olive Oil)
- 450 ml Water
Making the dough for pizza base
- First you need to activate the yeast. For that take lukewarm water in a bowl and mix with sugar. Then add the yeast and mix well.
- After 10 minutes, mix the flour, salt , oil and other ingredients and knead well to form a dough.
- Knead the dough very well until soft and pliable for 5 - 7 minutes.
- Apply oil and keep it aside covering in a bowl. Allow the dough to rise almost double in size.
Making pizza base
- Divided the dough into equal size balls , dusting with flour and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Now roll the ball size pizza dough with a roller pin, giving it a round flattened shape. Dust them with flour while rolling.You can even use a cake ring to cut and give a round shaped base.
- You can roll them according to a desired size of your pizza, 6 inch, 9 inch or a big 12 inch round flattened shape pizza base.
- For making Mini pizza , you need to roll a small dough into a 2 inch diameter round shape. Mini pizza are small in base size only.
- Use a pizza dough docker over the base to ensure that the pizza base evenly baked and without any big bubbles.
- Preheat the oven up to around 240 degree celcius and baked the base for 5 - 6 minutes.
- Remove the pizza base from the oven and let rest to cool down. Repeat with the remaining dough balls to make more pizza base. Keep them to cool down.
(Serving size 1 base)
- Calories : 388
- Fats : 1 g
- Protein : 4 g
- Carbohydrate : 86 g
For more bread recipes