Red Sauce Pasta name
List of Red Sauce Pasta Name
A traditional tomato based pasta sauce or red sauce is known as marinara sauce.
Here are some popular types of pasta dishes that are commonly served with red sauce:
- Spaghetti Bolognese
- Penne alla Arrabbiata
- Rigatoni alla Norma
- Fettuccine Alfredo with Marinara sauce
- Linguine with Clams in Red Sauce
- Spaghetti alla Carbonara
- Pappardelle with Meat Sauce
- Gnocchi with Tomato Sauce
- Tortellini with Meat Sauce.
Note that these dishes can vary in the type of red sauce used, as well as the ingredients and seasonings that are added to the sauce.
Here are some recipes I hope you would love to make them at home.
Basic red sauce for paste
There are many variations of red sauce for pasta here is a basic recipe that you can use
- 1 can(28oz) of crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic. minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon of Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of blackpepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar (optional)
- Take a large sauce pan and heat the olive oil over medium heat flame.
- Add the minced garlic and chopped onion, and saute for 2 - 3 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the can of crushed tomatoes, dried basil, dried oregano, black pepper and salt to the sauce pan.
- Stir the ingredients well to combine, and bring the sauce to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low, and left the sauce to simmer for 15 - 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning as needed. If the sauce tastes too acidic then add a 1/2 teaspoon of sugar to balance the flavors.
- Serve the red sauce over cooked pasta.
- You can add other ingredients to this basic recipe such as red pepper flakes for a spicy kick.
- Grated Parmesan cheese for extra flaVor.
- Fresh basil for a fresh and vibrant taste.