Chicken triple rice | chicken triple Schezwan rice recipe
Fried rice are everyone's favourite. And schezwan fried rice with noodles is very special for all the foodies and cooking enthusiastic. Triple rice is a favourite Mumbai's street stalls sough after dish . The bright red colored rice and noodles, topped with fried noodles and red chicken gravy are something that one cannot resist to taste. If you are looking for such a restaurant style triple rice recipe then you are in right place. Here I bring you the best step by step guide on how to make chicken triple rice recipe at home with photos and video.
Though it looks complicated and lengthy to make triple rice at home but the result is worth to make such a mouth watering and tantalizing dish.
The star ingredients to make this rice is schezwan sauce. It is good to use a homemade schezwan sauce for the recipe but you can go for a good brand store brought schezwan sauce. If you want to make the sauce at home, you can read this easy schezwan sauce recipe.
What is triple rice ?
Triple rice is a one pot meal with a combination of fried rice, noodles and schezwan gravy. A popular Mumbai street food also known as combination rice or packed rice. Rice and noodles are stir fried together with schezwan sauce which is then top with fried noodles and Schezwan gravy before serving.
The word triple in tripe rice stand for using three main ingredients which includes rice, noodles and gravy. Triple rice can be prepared both as veg and non veg variations. In vegetarian version of triple rice, veg manchurian balls are used in the gravy.
The total time taken to make this chicken triple rice is under 70 minutes. Which includes the preparation time of about thirty five minutes and thirty minutes of cooking time. The cooking time includes boiling rice and noodles, frying chicken and fried noodles, making the gravy and omlet.
The best part of this recipe is the way it is served. It looks amazing and truly mouth watering. You can serve it in two different ways.
First one, the cooked rice and noodles are served on a plate or bowl and garnished with fried noodles on its top. The gravy is then poured on the top of fried noodles. And the omlet on one side of the rice.
In second one, the gravy is placed in a well made at the centre of rice noodles. Fried noodles are topped over the gravy and the omlet over one side of the rice. Chopped green spring onions are sprinkle over them.
For more related recipes
- Chicken fried rice recipe
- Dragon Chicken
- Chicken halka noodles recipe
- Chilli chicken gravy
- Halka noodles recipe veg
- Veg manchurian balls
- Chicken manchurian recipe
For schezwan rice
- 1 cup rice (cooked)
- 1 cup noodles
- 1 tablespoon schezwan sauce
- Small pinch of salt
- Green spring onions for topping
- 150 gm boneless chicken pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoon chopped onion
- 3 - 4 onion cubes
- 3 - 4 bell pepper cubes
- 1 teaspoon red chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chilly paste
- 1 teaspoon Schezwan sauce
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper powder
- Salt as per taste
- Some chopped green spring onions
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup fried noodles
- 2 eggs
- small pinch of black pepper powder
- Salt as per taste
- Some boiled chicken
Steps to make the recipe
Chicken triple rice recipe video
( Serving size 1 portion)
- Calorie : 400
- Fats : 23 g
- Protein : 12 g
- Carbohydrate : 45 g
- Make sure the rice and noodles are completely cool down before making the triple rice.
- Adding boiled chicken or fried chicken is optional but it makes the recipe more nutritious.
- Red chilly paste is used to give the chicken gravy the required glossy red color appearance.
- To enhance the flavour you can add some seasoning powder like maggi or knor seasoning powder.
More popular Indian recipes