Restaurant style chicken manchow soup
Chicken manchow soup is a a popular and flavorful
Chinese-inspired soup that features tender pieces of chicken, variety of
finely chopped vegetables, and a spicy and savory broth. This soup is known for its
characteristic egg strands, which are created by gradually pouring beaten egg
into the simmering soup while stirring. Manchow soup is often seasoned with
ingredients like soy sauce, chili sauce, and vinegar to enhance its flavour.. This Soup is a hearty and comforting dish that is commonly
enjoyed as an appetizer or a light meal, especially during colder weather.
Manchow soup is considered as one of the best soup for cold and flu. Although Hot n Sour soup is treated as a best soup for cold and flu remedies. Chicken manchow soup also have some incredible health benefits.You can prepare this easy and delightful soup at your home quite comfortably with easily available ingredients from your kitchen pantry.
You can make both veg and chicken manchow soup with the same method of preparation .In veg manchow soup , different types of vegetables like beans, carrot, cabbage , mushroom and tomato are used. But in chicken manchow soup in addition to the above ingredients chicken and beaten egg are used . Rest of the methods for both the soup are same.I am a die hard fan of this cooking style and being a Chef i rteally love to cook this Desi Chinese dishes very much. Stir fring them under high heat flame. Another my favorite dish is Dragon Chicken you can make it at home to surprise your family members.
- Chicken : Chicken breast cut into small cube size pieces.
- Vegetables : cabbage, carrot, tomato and mushroom finely chopped.
- Herbs : finely chopped ginger, garlic, green chilly,, bamboo shoots and coriander leaves
- Other ingredients : Soya sauce, salt, cooking oil and corn flour.
- Egg : small portion of a beaten egg
Lastly heat oil in a kadai under medium flame heat and fry them for 2 - 3 minutes till crisp golden brown.
Steps to make the recipe
Heat oil in a wok or a pan and saute ginger and garlic in high flame. When light brown add the chopped tomatoes and saute further for one minute till the tomatoes become translucent.
- Rich in protein : Chicken in the soup is a good source of lean protein which is a essential for muscle growth.
- Vitamins and minerals : Chicken manchow soup typically contains variety of vegetables like carrot, cabbage and tomato. These veggies contributes essential vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, C and K as well as potassium and folate.
- Immune boosting : Garlic and ginger are common ingredients in the soup known for their immune-boosting properties, which can help you keeing healthy.
- Manchow soup is a spicy and hot soup having ingredients like ginger which is a natural way to treat nausea , a common flu symptom.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties as well. Ginger can reduce the effect of sore throat as well and it has been widely used for sore throat since old ages.
- Chilli used in this soup ensure that your nose start running and mucus starts moving. So it is good to have a chicken manchow soup for cold .
- Manchow soup is good and helpful to weight loss as for its low calorie value.
- It has full of nutrient vegetables which can be effective to curb the appetite. It can keeps you full for longer time . Low calorie value is a plus point to weight loss . Don't take much fried noodles or avoid completely with manchow soup for weight loss.
There is no problem if you take chicken manchow soup prepared at home during pregnancy. Although in restaurants , MSG is used in manchow soup preparation but there is no scientific research yet to confirm MSG's significant side effects.
The United States food and drug administration (FDA) consider MSG to be generally recognised as safe. And requires manufacturer to feature added MSG on food lebels.
2. Difference between Hot n Sour soup and Manchow soup
These two soups are both hot and spicy and has some similarities in their preparation. Both of them have almost identical appearance .
The difference between them is that in hot n sour soup , red chilly sauce , vinegar and red chilly paste are used to prepare, whereas in manchow soup these are not used.
Hot n Sour soup is comparatively more hot and spicy than manchow soup.
Chicken manchow soup is one of the best soup to eat when sick. Because it has protein in chicken and antioxidants in vegetables that can make antibiotics to kill harmful bacteria and viruses. A healthy soup also provides a easy way to digest nutrients we need when we are sick.
Chicken manchow soup recipe
Chicken manchow soup is a popular fusion soup of Indo Chinese cuisine made using
different types of vegetables like beans, carrots, cabbage, mushroom and tomato. Small cubes of chicken pieces are simmered with vegetables and herbs and seasoned with salt, pepper and soya sauce. Beaten eggs are used to make it.
Prep time cooking time. serving
Author :- Mobasir hassan
- 1 chicken breast piece
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped cabbage
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped button mushroom
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped bamboo shoots
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/3 teaspoon green chilli paste
- 1/2 tablespoon dark soya sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon White pepper powder
- 2 teaspoon Corn flour ( starch)
- Salt as per taste
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup fried noodles for serving
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a wok or pan in high flame and saute ginger and garlic till light brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and saute till they are translucent in high flame.
- Now add raw chicken if using and saute further for 30 seconds.
- Mix the chopped carrot, cabbage, mushrooms and bamboo shoots. Add green chili paste and mix well.
- Pour 1 cup of water and simmer for a minute. Add salt and white pepper.
- Now pour the corn flour slurry(1 teaspoon corn flour mix with half cup water) into it.
- Check the thickness of the soup now if required add more slurry.
- Add the dark soya sauce and mix well.
- Now pour the beaten egg by the side and simmer for a minute. If using boiled chicken then add them now.
- Check the seasoning and sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and remove.
- Serve the chicken manchow soup with fried noodles.
Chicken manchow soup recipe video
Calorie value (estimate only)
- Calories :- 543.8 kcal
- Carbohydrate :- 64.8 g | Fats :- 18.4 g
- Protein :- 33.5 g
- Manchow soup is generally served with crisp fried noodles.
- Soyaa sauce , vinegar and chilli water in small sauce bowl is also served along with chicken manchow soup.
- You can use different types vegetables of your choice like beans , capsicum ,bell peppers. It is best to use raw chicken instead of pre boiled chicken pieces.
- Adding mushroom and bamboo shoots are optional . But these two are important ingredients for a authentic chicken manchow soup.
- You can either fry steam noodles in oil till crisp golden brown to make fried noodles to served with chicken manchow soup.
Bamboo shoots benefits• It is rich in vitamin B complex group of vitamins which are essential for optimum cellular enzymatic and metabolic functions.
• It is one of the very low calorie vegetables 100 gm of fresh bamboo shoots holds only 27 kcal. So it is good for weight loss.
• Bamboo shoots is rich in minerals especially manganese and copper. It isa excellent source for potassium. 100 gm contains 533mg . Potassium is a important components of cells and body fluids.
• It is rich in dietary fiber also.
Some best recipes you can try
- jeera aloo recipe
- Chicken triple rice
- Chicken manchurian
- Dal Pakwan
- Appam recipe
- Tandoori Pomfret
- chicken fry recipe
- Gobi Manchurian recipe
- Veg biryani recipe Biryani
- butter chicken recipe
- lollipop chicken recipe
- Veg manchurian recipe
- Honey chilli potato recipe
- Tandoori prawns recipe
- Chicken do pyaza
- Egg bhurji
- Chicken cafreal recipe
- Tandoori roti