Chicken hakka noodles
Chicken hakka noodles restaurant style
Noodles are everyone's favorite. And these Chinese noodles are truly delicious.
Chicken hakka noodles are versatile, yummy and extremely easy to make. And the best part is that you can easily make them like restaurant style. If you have been looking for such a chicken hakka noodles recipe, you have come to the right place. Here I bring you the step by step guide on how to make chicken hakka noodles recipe at home.
What is Chicken hakka noodles?
Chicken hakka noodles is a dish of boiled noodles stir fried with vegetables, shredded chicken and scrambled eggs. These are seasoned with salt, pepper and sauces. This dish is originated by a small Chinese community of Hakka region.
Noodles : Any good quality steam noodles or egg noodles are preferred.
Vegetables : It depends on your choice but popular vegetables are cabbage, carrot, onion, capsicum and bell peppers.
Chicken : Boneless chicken breasts works best with hakka noodles. You can otherwise use leg boneless as well.
Eggs : 2 eggs nicely beaten.
Sauce : Now a days sauces are not used in restaurants for any hakka noodles recipe. But to spice it up you can use red chilly sauce and a very small pinch of soya sauce.
Herbs : garlic, green chili and spring onions.
Other ingredients : salt, pepper powder and cooking oil.
Chicken hakka noodles is a complete meal in itself, you can serve it as it is.
Other side dishes that goes well with it are chilli chicken gravy or some exotic vegetables in hot garlic sauce.
You can use schezwan sauce while stir frying the noodles to make it as chicken schezwan hakka noodles.
Or make it as burnt garlic hakka noodles using some burnt garlic.
Steps to make the noodles
1. Boiling the chicken
Boiled chicken is generally used to make chicken noodles or chicken fried rice. Chicken breasts boneless is the preferred choice for this, you can use leg boneless as well.
To make the boiled chicken soft and juicy, first cut them into small strips then coat with some corn flour and a beaten egg.
Heat water in a pan and when the water start to boil add the chicken strips. Cook them for 10 to 12 minutes or till well done.
Remove and cool down completely. Shredded them or cut into small cubes.
2. Boiling the noodles
You can boil the noodles by the instructions given in the packed. Or
Heat heat enough water in a deep vessel pan over medium high heat flame. When the water start to boil add the noodles by breaking into two parts. Add a small pinch of salt and one teaspoon cooking oil.
Stir them occasionally and when the noodles cooked almost 90% remove and drain. Wash them under running water for 2 to 3 times to remove excess starch.
Spread them over a flat surface to dry completely.
3. Scramble the eggs
First whisk together the eggs in a bowl then heat a pan or wok with one tablespoon cooking oil over medium heat.
When the oil become hot add the eggs and scrambled them. Remove the eggs to use later in a bowl.
4. Stir frying the vegetables
Heat oil in a wok or pan over medium high heat flame and add some chopped garlic. Fry them till light brown.
Then add the onion, green chili, capsicum and bell peppers and tossed for some seconds.
Again add julienne carrot and shredded cabbage.
Mix and stir fry them over high heat flame for a minute or till the vegetables become soft but still crisp.
Making the noodles
Now add the scrambled eggs and shredded chicken with the vegetables and mix nicely stiring continuously.
Add some red chilly sauce and soya sauce. Give everything a good mix.
Now add the boiled noodles, salt and pepper powder. Pour some chopped green spring onions.
And start to stir fry by mixing them nicely. Stir fry them for one more minute over high heat flame.
Taste the seasoning and then remove them 5o serve hot.
If you love chicken hakka noodles recipe then I am sure you would love more such indo Chinese recipes like
- Chicken lollipop recipe
- Chicken triple rice
- Chicken manchurian
- Gobi Manchurian recipe
- Veg manchurian recipe
- Honey chilli potato recipe
- Lobster in hot garlic sauce
Chicken hakka noodle recipe
Chicken hakka noodles is a popular recipe of noodles stir fried with vegetables,, chicken, eggs and sauces.
Prep time 15 min cook time 7 min serve 2
Author Mobasir hassan
- 200 gm noodles
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup cabbage finely shredded
- 1/4 cup capsicum julienne
- 1/4 cup finely sliced onion
- 1/4 cup carrot julienne
- 1/4 cup bell peppers julienne (optional)
- 1 - 2 green chilli slits into half
- 1/4 cup green spring onions chopped
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1/2 cup boiled chicken (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red chilly sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper powder
- Salt as per taste
- Heat a deep vessel pan or a Chinese wok with some oil in high heat flame for a minute. This will make the wok non sticky.
- Now add half tablespoon oil and heat over medium heat flame and pour the beaten eggs and scrambled. Remove the scrambled eggs to use later.
- Again heat half tablespoon oil in the wok and add the chopped garlic and fry till become light brown.
- Then add the onions, slits green chili, capsicum, carrot and cabbage. If using bell peppers then add them as well. Stir fry them for a minute on high flame heat.
- Add the scrambled eggs and boiled chicken and mix well with the vegetables.
- Add soya sauce, hot sauce and vinegar and stir fry them for another 30 seconds over high flame heat.
- Lower the flame and add the boiled noodles, salt and white pepper powder. Sprinkle some chopped green spring onions and give everything a good mix. Stir fry them again for a minute.
- Taste the seasoning and then remove them in a bowl. Sprinkle some chopped spring onions and serve hot.
Chicken hakka noodles recipe video
- Calorie : 633
- Fats : 36g
- Protein :27g
- Carbohydrate : 49g