Exotic vegetables in hot garlic sauce recipe
Exotic vegetables like zucchini, broccoli, baby corn, red and yellow bell pepper, carrot and mushroom are stir fried in hot garlic sauce.
Below you can read all the step by steps with photos and a video for the recipe.
What is exotic vegetables ?
Exotic vegetables are a collection of vegetables like zucchini, broccoli, red, yellow bell pepper, mushroom, Chinese cabbage, red cabbage, asparagus, cherry tomato, parsley, celery, bok choy, baby corn and some more which are generally cultivated commercially in India. These vegetables are nutritious and have high market value here. They are primarily confined in most of the renewed hotels and restaurants, shopping malls.
These vegetables are used to make varieties of continental dishes. Nowadays some of these vegetables are gaining popularity in indian cuisine also. Below I am sharing the recipe which is very popular that you can try.
Exotic vegetables in hot garlic sauce is a easy recipe that you can make at the comfort of your kitchen. In this restaurant style recipe I have used vegetables like red and yellow bell pepper, green and yellow zucchini, baby corn, mushroom, broccoli, french beans and carrot.
You can used vegetables of your choice, cauliflower florets, asparagus and Chinese cabbage can also be used.
Steps to make the recipe
Boiling the vegetables
You can cut the vegetables according to your choice but if you want the dish to look like a restaurant style then cut zucchini, carrot bell peppers into diamond shaped.
After cutting the vegetables boil them in hot water till 80% done. Drain and cool them completely. Keep the vegetables little bit crunchy.
Making hot garlic sauce
To make the sauce heat one teaspoon oil in a pan in high flame and fry chopped garlic and ginger till light brown. Add the chopped onions and fry till translucent.
Lower the flame to slow and then add red chilly paste and saute for a while. Red chilly paste will make the sauce look glossy.
Pour water and simmer. Then add red chilly sauce and tomato sauce. Mix them nicely.
Add white pepper powder and salt as per your taste. You can pour some corn flour slurry to make the sauce little bit thick at this stage. But we will use it later after adding the vegetables.
Making the recipe
Cook the sauce for one more minute after then adding the vegetables. Make a slurry by mixing 1/2 teaspoon corn flour with 3 teaspoon water and pour slowly over the sauce.
Cook further one more minute or till the sauce start to thicken. For the recipe we will keep the semi thick. If the sauce become thick then pour some water to make it semi thick.
Sprinkle some chopped spring onions and remove.
If you this recipe then I am sure you would also love the recipe of Lobster in hot garlic sauce.
Exotic vegetables in hot garlic sauce
Vegetables like broccoli, zucchini, bell pepper, mushroom, french beans and carrot are stir fried in hot garlic sauce.
Prep time 10min, cook time 5min serve 2
Author Mobasir hassan
- 2 Baby corn
- 3 - 4 mushroom
- 1 small broccoli florets
- 1/2 slice of each red and yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 medium size carrot
- 3 - 4 french beans
- 1//2 slice of each green and yellow zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/3 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilly sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilly paste
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or as per taste
- 2 teaspoon corn flour slurry
- Chopped green scallions ( spring onions)
- 1 teaspoon oil
How to make the recipe
- Cut baby corn, carrot, red and yellow bell pepper, green and yellow zucchini into small diamond shaped.
- Similarly cut beans into small one inch pieces, broccoli into small florets.
- Heat enough water in a pot and boil the vegetables till 80% done. Drain and cool down. Don't over cook them, keep them a bit crunchy.
Making hot garlic sauce
- Heat one teaspoon oil in a chinese wok or a pan in high flame and fry chopped garlic and ginger till light brown. Add the chopped onions and fry till translucent.
- Add red chilly paste and saute for a while then pour half cup water and simmer for 30 seconds.
- Add red chilly sauce,tomato sauce, salt and white pepper powder. Cook the sauce for one more minute.
- Now add the boiled vegetables into the sauce and cook for one more minute.
- Make a slurry by mixing 1/2 teaspoon corn flour with 3 teaspoon water and pour into the sauce slowly.
- Simmer the vegetables 30 seconds or till the sauce become thick. Don't make the sauce too thick. You can add some water to make the sauce thin.
- Sprinkle some chopped spring onions and remove.
- Serve the vegetables hot by topping with some green scallions.
Exotic vegetables in hot garlic sauce recipe video
( estimate only)
Calories : 391
Fats : 31.2
For more recipes