How to make Hawaiian chicken kebab at home.
|Hawaiian chicken kebabs with parsley butter rice|
If you love kebabs or kabobs then you must try this colour full kebabs once in a lifetime. They are yummy and little bit of sweet, spicy and having lots of flavours. I think these one is the easiest kebab that you can make at your home with no extra skills.
These kebabs are perfect for the summer session like this to enjoy with your family and friends.
Hawaiian chicken kebabs are also known as pineapple chicken kebabs. You can cook them using different types of cooking method like open fire grill , baked in oven and in Ovalclay charcoal Tandoor.
For more pineapple recipe follow the below link for more details :-
Best Golden fried pineapple fingers
But to make Hawaiian kebabs at home, we are using a simple kitchen pan and wooden satay stick to grill them in slow flame till crisp golden.
You can serve them with parsley butter rice and some sauteed vegetables. We are using chicken breast pieces for this yummy kebabs, you can go with your choice of chicken pieces.
Chicken breasts goes very well in pan grilled as it's outer part become crisp while juicy from inside. And you can get a smoky flavours also while grilling it on a pan.
Hawaiian Chicken kebabs(kabobs) recipe
Hawaiian Chicken kebabs kabobs is a easy to make recipe at home. Chicken strips are marinated with spices, dark soya sauce and grilled pineapple paste. They are then pan grilled till crisp golden. Serve them with parsley butter rice and saute or grilled vegetables.
Prep time cooking time serving
25 min 8 min 2
Author : Mobasir hassan
Author : Mobasir hassan
- 1 chicken breast piece.
- 3 wooden satay stick.
- Half of a pineapple.
- 3 pieces of button mushroom.
- Half of each red, yellow and green bell peppers.
- One small onion.
- 1 teaspoon light soya sauce.
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilly flakes.
- 1/3 teaspoon chopped Garlic.
- 1/3 teaspoon chopped parsley.
- 1/2 teaspoon Olive oil.
- 1/3 Lemon juice.
- Salt as per taste.
- Cut Chicken breast into strips and add lemon juice, half of the black pepper powder, salt and chilly flakes.
- Clean the mushrooms and cut the bell peppers and onion into one inch cube size pieces.
- Peel the pineapple. Cut and remove the inner stem and then cut into one inch long cube size pieces.
- Heat a non stick pan with little olive oil and grill few pineapple cubes. Cool them and grind into a paste.
- Take the vegetables in a mixing bowl with the remaining pineapple cubes and mix with dark soya sauce, red chilly flakes, remaining black pepper powder, chopped garlic and parsley.
- Add the chicken pieces and grilled pineapple paste. Mix everything nicely to coat evenly from all sides.
Making the Hawaiian kebabs
- Keep them marinated for 10 minutes.
- If using oven then soaked the wooden sticks in water for 30 minutes.
- Now first thread the bell peppers, onion cube and mushroom. Then thread a chicken breast strip.
- Close the stick by threading one pineapple cube, onion cube and bell pepper cubes.
- Similarly repeat with the remaining Chicken strips.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and grease with little oil and place the wooden sticks over it.
- Bake them in a preheated oven for 15 minutes or till crisp golden.
- You can grill them over a pan as well.
- Grease the pan with oil and heat in medium flame.
- Place the wooden sticks and grill them from all sides by rotating them.
- When they become crisp golden, remove and serve hot.
Serving size 1 cup
- Calories : 80
- Fats :1 g
- Protein : 9 g
- Carbohydrate : 7 g
Below you can read the step by step instructions to make easy Hawaiian chicken kebabs kabobs recipe at home
preparation1. Cut the chicken breasts pieces into length wise long parts or strips. Add lemon juice, half of pepper powder, salt and Chilly flakes to marinate.
2.Clean the button mushrooms under running water . Cut the bell peppers into 1 inch cube size.
3. Cut the onion into 1 inch cube size.
4. Peel the pineapple and remove the stem from it. Cut the pineapple into 1 inch cube size.
5. Take few pieces of pineapple and grilled them on a pan on all sides for 2 minutes. Cool then and make a rough paste using mixer grinder.
|Pineapple Paste ginger|
6. Now take a mixing bowl and add the bell peppers, onions, mushrooms and cubes of remaining pineapple. Add soya sauce, red Chilly flakes, remaining black pepper powder, chopped garlic and parsley.
7. Add the marinated chicken breasts pieces with the mixture and mix well.
8. Now add the pineapple paste to the chicken mixture and apply salt.
9. Let it to marinate for 10 minutes.
10. Take the wooden stick and shew one of each bell pepper cubes , one onion cube. Then add one mushroom and one chicken breast piece.
11. Closed it by shewing one cube of pineapple, onion and each cube of three bell peppers.
12. Repeat the above procedure and shew the remaining vegetables and chicken pieces in the two stick.
|In the stick|
13. Heat oil in a non stick pan in slow flame and grill them .
|Grilling on pan|
14. Flip them and grill all sides for 6-8 minutes till crisp golden.
15. Remove them from the pan and serve hot with a cup of parsley butter rice and sauteed vegetables.
|Hawaiian chicken kebabs kabobs|
Lamb Gilafi Seekh Kebab recipe
Chermoula chicken Tikka recipe