Lemon coriander soup | Restaurant style lemon coriander soup recipe
Soups are everyone's favorite. They are healthy and nutritious. Lemon coriander soup is versatile, healthy and extremely easy to make. If you have been looking for a lemon coriander soup recipe like restaurants, you have come to the right place. Here I bring you the step by step guide on how to make lemon coriander soup at home.
Before we jump into the recipe let us look how healthy lemon coriander soup is.
- Lemon coriander soup is a rich source of Vitamin C, which is a natural immunity booster.
- This soup is beneficial against cold and cough during winter season.
- Vitamin C helps heart health and weight control.
- Coriander leaves also has numerous benefits which includes aids digestion, lower blood glucose levels in diabetes.
Steps to make the recipe
Lemon coriander soup recipe
- 1 cup cabbage shredded
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped carrot
- 2 lemon wedges for juice
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 tablespoon green chili paste
- 1/4 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/3 tablespoon salt or as per taste
- 1/4 tablespoon white paper powder
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 2 cup vegetable stock
- Water as required
- 2 carrot
- 1 big onion
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Some finely chopped celery
- Parsley and fresh thyme (optional)
- Hea oil in a deep vessel pan. Add the vegetables garlic, onion, carrot and salt. Cook them for 2 to 3 minutes under high flame heat.
- Add 3 cup water and simmer. Close the pan with a lid and boil for 30 minutes under slow flame heat.
- Stain and discard the vegetables. The stock water is ready.
- Heat some oil in a wok or deep vessel pan and fry the chopped garlic till ligh golden.
- Add green chili paste, shredded cabbage and chopped carrot and stir fry for 30 seconds in high flame heat.
- Pour 2 cup vegetable stock or water and simmer. Add white pepper powder and salt. Stir to mix.
- Then add the chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice and give a good stir.
- Make a slurry by mixing 1 tablespoon corn flour with half cup water and pour into the soup slowly.
- Simmer till the soup become thick. Remove and serve hot topping with some fresh chopped coriander leaves.
Lemon coriander soup recipe video
- Calorie : 67
- Fats : 2.8 g
- Protein : 1.4 g
- Carbohydrate : 9.1 g
- You can add some flavouring herbs like parsley and fresh thyme while making the vegetable stock.
- You can add different vegetables of your choice.