Chicken tangdi kabab
Chicken Tangdi kabab recipe
Chicken tangdi kabab recipe step by step method with photos and video for easy tangdi kabab recipe.
Tangdi kabab is everyone's favourite. It is especially for all the foodies and cooking enthusiast.
Chicken tangdi kebab or kabab is versatile, yummy and extremely easy to make at home. If you have been looking for such a tangdi kabab recipe, you have come to the right place. Here I bring you the step by step guide on how to make tangdi kabab at home easily.
Tangdi kabab meaning
Tangdi kabab is a chicken leg or drumstick kabab made by marinating the leg pieces in spiced yoghurt based marination. Tangdi kabab are crisp, juicy and succulent.
In Hindi the leg part of a chicken is called tangdi so the name chicken tangdi refers to chicken leg piece.
Tangdi kabab is a very popular chicken recipe in India and most other part of the world. Chicken tangdi or chicken drumstick recipe can be prepared in many different ways. You can easily make them at home in oven or in a BBQ. You can even prepare them with tandoori masala
Once I attended a corporate dinner event where they served us with three different types of tangdi kabab. First one with tandoori masala, a spicy tangdi kabab, second one with a smoky garlic flavored lahsuni tangdi kabab and the last one was with a green marination hariyali tangdi kabab.
You can make these different types of Chicken tangdi recipe at home easily, For hariyali tangdi kabab, make a fine paste of coriander leaves, mint leaves and spinach leaves with some green chilli, ginger and garlic. Then mixed this paste with curd, cumin powder, garam masala powder, chat masala and salt. Add mustard oil and whisk together to make the marination.
Marinate chicken leg pieces for 3 to 4 hours and then cook them in tandoor oven or bbq.
I love the lasooni tangdi kabab for its fried smoky garlic flavour. It was mild, crisp and juicy.
Today I am sharing that lahsooni chicken tangdi kabab recipe here and I hope you would love it as well.
Beside that I am sharing one simple easy chicken tangdi kabab recipe with very less ingredients suitable for those who does not love much of spices.
What is lasooni tangdi kabab
In hindi garlic is called as lahasun. So the term lasuni tangdi kabab means garlic flavoured tangdi kabab. A smokey garlic flavour is added into this tangdi kabab.
Tips for making best tangdi kabab
- Make some deep incision on the drumsticks and then marinate them. Note that the marinade enter inside the incision part nicely.
- Use medium size drumsticks or tangdi from a chicken weighting around 700 - 900 gm. This type of tangdi get cooked quickly and properly.
- Keep it marinated for overnight for the best result. Tangdi kabab need some more time to cook properly from inside.
- Sometimes you may notice bloods flowing out from it while cooking. It is a sign of uncooked drumstick from inside.
- If it take more time to cook, you can microwave it for two minutes.
Steps to make the recipe
1. Clean the chicken legs ( drumsticks) pieces and remove fats from its sides. Dry them completely using a clean kitchen cloth or tissues.
2. Make 3 to 4 incisions on the legs about half in long by using a sharp knife.
For easy tangdi kabab
1. Take a mixing bowl and mix Greek yogurt (curd) , ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder (cayenne), salt , black pepper powder, chopped cilantro leaves and cooking oil.
2. Place a aluminum foil on a baking tray and grease with butter or cooking oil and place the chicken leg pieces over it.
Bake in a preheated Oven at 240 degree C for 7 minutes busting some butter when one side is done. Flip and bake for another 7 minutes till crisp golden.
Remove and serve hot in a plate.
For chicken lasooni tangdi kabab1. Marinate the chicken legs pieces by using half teaspoon lemon juice, salt, ginger garlic paste and cooking oil for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile prepare the second marination for the chicken drumsticks. For that take a mixing bowl and add the yogurt, cumin powder, garam masala, green chili paste, chat masala, salt and half of the turmeric powder and chopped garlic.
Mix well and pour mustard oil into the mixture and whisk them very well to make a fine masala.
3. Take the chicken legs pieces from the first marination and mix with this masala and keep refrigerated for 2 hours to absorb all the flavours.
To give it a authentic smokey flavors, we cook them in a charcoal tandoor.
5. Cook them over charcoal for about 8-10 minutes. Apply some butter over them at an interval.
When the chicken legs becomes tender and dark yellowish , remove from the shewer.
Serve hot by sprinkle some chat masala, fried garlic and coriander leaves over them.
You can also read more kebab recipe from the below...
- tandoori chicken
- Chicken Angara kabab
- Pahadi kabab
- Rozali kebab
- Chicken tikka kebab
- Lamb Gilafi Seekh Kebab
- Chicken Seekh Kabab recipe
Chicken tangdi kabab
Tangdi kabab is a popular chicken leg or drumstick recipe. It is one of best recipes of Awadhi cuisines. Marinated chicken leg pieces are cooked over a charcoal tandoor till crisp golden. Serve them with coriander mint chutney and Lachcha onion.
Prep time cooking time serving
10 min 15 min 1
Author Mobasir hassan
For lasooni tangdi kabab
Author Mobasir hassan
For lasooni tangdi kabab
- 3 chicken Leg ( drumsticks) pieces
- 2 teaspoon hang curd ( yogurt)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 teaspoon green chilly paste
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fried chopped garlic
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chat masala
- Salt as per taste
- 1/3 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 butter cube for busting
- 2 teaspoon mustard oil or cooking oil
- Chopped corriander leaves
- 2 teaspoon red chilli powder (cayenne)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
How to make the recipe
- Clean the chicken leg pieces and make half inch long 3 or 4 incisions on each tangdi.
- Mix half of lemon juice, salt and ginger garlic paste with them and keep for 10 minutes.
- Take yoghurt in a mixing bowl and add the cumin powder, garam masala, green chili paste, chat masala, turmeric powder and the remaining ginger garlic paste, salt, lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic.
- Pour the mustard oil or cooking oil and whisk everything to make a smooth masala.
- Marinate the chicken leg pieces with this masala nicely to coat from all sides. Keep them refrigerated for 2 hours or overnight.
- After making the incisions mix the leg pieces with red chilli powder, black pepper powder, lemon juice, salt, yoghurt, cooking oil and cilantro leaves.
- Mix them nicely and marinate.
- Preheat Oven at 240°C for 15 minutes and line a baking tray with aluminum foil and grease with cooking oil.
- Place the marinated chicken leg pieces over the tray and grill for 15 minutes or till crisp golden.
- Flip and brush some butter over them after 10 minutes and cook.
- You can thread them in a shewer and cook over a charcoal tandoor till crisp golden for 10 minutes.
- While cooking in a tandoor rotate the shewer and brush butter over them at a regular interval.
- Remove them in a plate and serve hot with green chutney.
- For lasooni tangdi kabab sprinkle the fried chopped garlic over them while serving.
chicken tangdi kabab recipe video
( serving size 2 pieces)
- Calories : 137
- Fats : 5 g
- Protein : 11 g
- Carbohydrate : 11 g
- Serve them with lemon wedges, Lachcha onions and cilantro mint chutney.
- You can serve a tandoori butter Naan or garlic Naan as a side dish with them.
- You can make the recipe with tandoori masala as well.
- For making the easy tangdi kabab use any herbs like oregano or thyme or ground cumin.
- Use leg pieces of chicken weighting about 600 - 700 gm as those leg pieces get cooked easily and quickly.
For more recipe of kebabs