Fried chicken wings
Fried chicken wings recipe with step by step instructions.
Chicken wings recipe is truly a popular recipe around the world. You can make it in many ways and all are wonderful and delicious to taste.
I often brought chicken wings to make BBQ chicken wings at home . And we all love those yummy bites of bbq chicken wings. This is my personal favorite.
But today I am sharing the recipe of my wife's favorite which she made so easily with very less Ingredients at home. And our kids loves them very much.
Whenever there is a small kids events at home she choose to make fried chicken wings for them . And believe me all kids are so happy to eat those fried chicken wings.
A chicken wings has three different parts joining together.
• Drumettes part
• Wingette part and
• Tips part
|Whole chicken wings|
|Different parts of chicken wings|
Drumettes and Wingettes are used for different types of chicken wings recipes.
I use the wingette part to make BBQ chicken wings. And my wife use Drumettes to make easy fried chicken wings recipe. Drumettes part of wings have more of meat at one side and we can give it a lollipop shape also while making fried wings.
If you love this recipe of fried chicken wings then I am sure you would love the fried chicken recipe of Best homemade fry chicken recipe and Curry leaves fried chicken recipe
How do you get crispy chicken wings?
You can make crispy chicken wings by using corn flour and egg.
Dust the wings with corn flour or make a batter (slurry) of corn flour with water and coat the chicken wings.
Then dip the chicken wings into a beaten egg mixture and coat with bread crumbs or corn flakes and deep fry till crisp golden.
Corn flour is the main ingredient to make a crispy chicken wings.
How do you know when the chicken wings are done in a deep fryer?
You can deep fry the chicken wings in medium hot oil till crisp golden . The wings would start to float over the oil.
Started to float over the oil is a sign that they are done frying. Also they are no pink at the bones and the juices run clear.
You can inserted an instant read thermometer into the thickest part of the wings near the bone . And the reading should be around 165° degree F ( 74° C) then your wings are done completely.a
What is the best oil for frying chicken wings?
All natural oils like peanut oil , vegetable oil are having a good high smoke point. So they are good choice for frying chicken wings.
Should I boil wings before frying?
I don't think it is good to boil chicken wings before frying. Wings are very small and soft in texture so you don't need to boil them. Just deep fry them in medium flame hot oil to perfection.
Fried chicken wings recipe
Preparation time :- 60 minutes
Cooking time :- 7 minutes
Total time :- 67 minutes
Difficulty :- Easy
Serve :- 2 servings
Author :- Mobasir hassan
• Chicken wings 6 to 8 pieces (Drumettes)
• 1 teaspoon mustard paste
• 1/2 teaspoon chilly flakes
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
• 2-3 fresh basil leaves chopped
• 1/3 teaspoon oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 egg
• 2-3 teaspoon corn flour
• 1 cup corn flakes or fine quality bread crumbs
• Salt as per taste
• Greek yogurt ( optional)
• Oil for deep frying
How to make the recipe
1. Clean and wash the chicken wings and pat them dry completely using a kitchen towel.
2. Take them in a mixing bowl and add the salt, black pepper powder, oregano, garlic powder, chilly flakes, mustard paste and chopped basil leaves.
3. Give everything a fine mix so that all sides of the wings get well coated.
4. You can add and mix yoghurt as well with them for a better flavours.
5. Keep them refrigerated for one hour.
6. Beat the egg in a bowl and crush the corn flakes using a roller pin.
Making fried chicken wings
1. Bring the refrigerated chicken wings and dust and coat with the corn flour from all sides. This will make them crisp.
2. Keep them to absorb all the moisture and set for 5 minutes.
3. Now dip the chicken wings into the beaten egg one by one and coat with the crushed corn flakes.
4. Roll them evenly with the corn flakes to coat from all sides.
5. Leave them to rest for more 5 minutes to set.
6. Heat oil in a deep vessel pan or kadai in medium flame.
7. When the oil become hot lower the gas flame to low and carefully add the chicken wings into the oil.
8. Fry them for 5 - 7 minutes or till crisp golden and floating over the oil at a medium low flame.
9. Remove them in a absorbent paper to absorb any excess oil.
10. Place them in a garnished plate and serve hot.
• Calories :- 375kcal
• Fats :- 18 g
• Carbohydrate :- 31 g | Protein :- 40 g
• Cholesterol :- 185mg | Iron :- 2.6 mg
• I love Tatar sauce with fried chicken wings. You can serve a crisp Coleslaw as well with it and it goes well.
• You can serve a creamy potato salad with fried chicken wings.
• Saute vegetables also goes well with it . A pasta salad with fried wings is my wife's favorite.
• French fries , fried chicken wings and tomato ketchup are best combination for kids.
Below you can read the step by step method with photos for the recipe for a better understanding.......
1. Clean and wash the chicken wings and pat them dry using a kitchen towel.
2. Take the chicken wings in a mixing bowl and add salt, pepper, oregano, mustard paste, chilly flakes, chopped garlic and chopped basil leafs. You can use Greek yogurt to give it more flavors. Mix everything well to coat evenly with all parts of the chicken wings.
3. Keep the chicken wings in a refrigerator for atleast 60 minutes to marinate and absorb all the flavors.
4. Next beat the eggs in a bowl and crushed the corn flakes with hands or by using a roller pin.
5. Take the chicken wings pieces out of the fridge and mix with the corn flour to coat well. Corn flour with make them crisp.
￼Again keep them refrigerated for 5 more minutes . The corn flour will make the chicken dry absorbing extra water from them.
6. After 5 minutes bring the wings out of the fridge and dip them one by one into the beaten egg mixture.
|Wings dipped in beaten eggs|
7. Now place the wings over the crushed corn flakes and coat them well one by one.
|Chicken wings coating with corn flakes|
8. Heat oil in a deep vessel pan or kadai on medium flame. When heated slow the flame and fry the wings pieces for about 6-7 minutes till crisp and goldren.
|Crispy fried chicken wings|
9. Remove them on a absorbent paper or tissue paper to absorb any excess oil. Garnish them in a plate and serve.
You can read more fried recipe like :-
Best Goldren fried pineapple And
For more recipe using Corn flakes please read the below link for more details :-
Crispy cottage cheese finger