Paneer Kurkure recipe ( Paneer corn flakes)
|Crispy cottage cheese finger|
The Cheese used here to make our superb dish is Cottage Cheese also known as Paneer.
Paneer Kurkure is made by cutting the paneer into finger shape pieces and are marinated with salt, chilli powder, cumin powder and ginger garlic paste.
These marinated pieces are then dip in s batter and coated with corn flakes.
Deep fry them till crisp golden.
For more popular recipes
In place of corn flakes you can use some fine quality bread crumbs which also gives good taste.
If you love the recipe of paneer then I am sure you would love the following recipes for paneer as well.
- paneer tikka masala recipe
- paneer Seekh Kebab
- chilli paneer recipe
- Paneer butter masala recipe
- paneer Tikka on tawa
- Paneer bhurji
paneer Kurkure Recipe
Cheese fingers or paneer Kurkure is s deep fried cheese (cottage cheese) sticks. These paneer fingers are marinated with spices and coated with bread crumbs or crushed corn flakes and deep fried till crisp golden.
Preparation time :- 10 minutes
Cooking time :- 5 minutes
Total time :- 15 minutes
Serve :- 3 servings
Author :- Mobasir hassan
• 250 gm cottage cheese (paneer)
• 100 gm corn flakes
• 1/2 teaspoon red chilly powder
• 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
• 1/2 teaspoon corriander leaves chopped
• 3 teaspoon corn flour
• 1 teaspoon all purpose flour ( Maida)
• Salt as per taste
• 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste ( optional)
How to make the recipe
1. Cut the paneer into 2 inch finger size pieces and mix with red chilli powder, cumin powder, ginger garlic paste and salt.
2. Crush the corn flakes with a roller pin and keep aside.
3. Make a batter by mixing 2 teaspoon corn with 1 teaspoon maida and little water.
4. The batter should be thick and without any lumbs.
Making paneer Kurkure
1. Mix the remaining corn flour with the paneer pieces and keep for 5 minutes to become dry.
2. After that take the paneer finger pieces and dip them into the batter.
3. Remove one single paneer piece and coat with the crushed corn flakes nicely from all sides.
4. Similarly repeat with the remaining paneer pieces and coat with the corn flakes.
5. Keep them refrigerated for 5 minutes to get set.
6. Heat oil in a pan on medium heat flame. When the oil become hot lower the gas flame to low.
7. Add the paneer pieces one by one into the oil carefully and fry them till crisp golden.
8. Remove and drain in a kitchen paper.
9. Garnish them in a plate and serve hot.
- Calories : 43
- Fats : 3.8 g
- Protein : .3 g
- Carbohydrate : 1.9 g
Below you can read the step by step method with photos for the recipe for a better understanding........
|Red chilly powder, Cumin powder,salt, Corriander leaves|
|Corn flakes, Corn flour, Maida|
|Chilly flakes, pepper,salt,garlic|
1. Cut the cottage cheese into long finger size shaped pieces.
2. Crush the Corn flakes using a roller pin or with your hands. Keep it aside for later use.
|Crush Corn flakes|
3. Marinate the Cottage Cheese with red chilly powder, cumin powder and salt. Leave it for 5 min to absorb the flavor.
Otherwise you can marinate it with red chilly flakes, salt, garlic and pepper.
|Marinated cottage cheese|
4. Make a batter using half of the corn flour and all purpose flour (Maida).
The batter should not be too thick or thin. Make a medium thick consistency batter for good use.
5. Take the marinated cottage cheese and dust with the remaining corn flour and keep aside to dry.
6. Now take a single piece and dip into the batter and remove.
7. Mix well with the crushed corn flakes to get a good coated finger.
|Mixing with crush corn flakes|
|Coated in Corn flakes|
8. Repeat with the remaining paneer pieces and keep refrigerated for 5 minutes.
9. Heat oil in a deep pan and fry the fingers till crisp and goldren brown in colour.
10. Serve it with a Cocktail Sauce or with Green Mint Chutney.
It taste amazing,you can feel the crunch in your every bite.
|Serve with cocktail sauce|
|Serve ewit Mint Chutney|
1. Rich in Protein
Cottage Cheese derived out of cow's milk is one rich source of protein you can load up on. Another highlight of Cottage Cheese is that it doesn't require any cooking and can be consumed directly. A cube of raw cottage cheese therefore makes powerhouse of protein.
2. Cottage Cheese strengthen Bones and Teeth.
Cottage Cheese is one of the best source of Calcium. Adequate Calcium level ensure healthy bones,teeth and healthy heart muscle also.
3. Maintains Blood Sugar Love
It is packed with Magnesium. High protein component in cottage cheese also help slow release of sugar into the blood and prevents abrupt hike and decline in blood sugar level.
4. Good for Heart Health
Cottage Cheese contains Potassium, which play a key role in fluids balance of body.
5. Improves Digestion
It contains decent amount of Phosphorus, which helps in digestion and excretion.
6. Rich source of Folate
Folate is a essential Vitamin for pregnant women. It helps fetal development of expecting mother also play an important role in Red Blood cell production.
So we can understand how healthy cottage cheese is for our body.
For more delicious food recipe please check the following recipes
Corn cheese balls recipe restaurant style
Healthy paneer Paratha recipe
Smoky Scotch Egg recipe
How to make Tandoori Red Masala