Lemon Coriander Soup
Lemon coriander soup | Restaurant style lemon coriander soup recipe
Lemon coriander soup recipe like desi Chinese with step by step photos and video.
Soups are everyone's favorite. They are healthy and nutritious. Lemon coriander soup is versatile, healthy and extremely easy to make. If you have been looking for a lemon coriander soup recipe like restaurants, you have come to the right place. Here I bring you the step by step guide on how to make lemon coriander soup at home.
Before we jump into the recipe let us look how healthy lemon coriander soup is.
- Lemon coriander soup is a rich source of Vitamin C, which is a natural immunity booster.
- This soup is beneficial against cold and cough during winter season.
- Vitamin C helps heart health and weight control.
- Coriander leaves also has numerous benefits which includes aids digestion, lower blood glucose levels in diabetes.
What is lemon coriander soup ?
Lemon coriander soup is a clear vegetable soup flavoured with lemon and coriander leaves. This soup is made by cooking some herbs and vegetables in vegetable stock water. Later coriander leaves and lemon juice are added.
This lemon coriander soup is excellent for weightloss routine.
Ingredients for the soup
Vegetables : Popular vegetables used in restaurants are cabbage and carrot only. You can add some other vegetables like mushroom, french beans.
Lemon : 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Coriander leaves : 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
Herbs : Green chili paste and chopped garlic.
Cooking oil : Any good quality vegetable oil.
Flour : Corn flour
Other : Salt and white pepper powder.
Stock water : 2 cup vegetable stock water
Water : As required
Total time taken to make lemon coriander soup is under 15 minutes. This includes 7 minutes of preparation time and 5 minutes of cooking time. You may need some more time to make the vegetable stock at home which is optional.
Lemon coriander soup with lemon grass is another popular variation where finely chopped lemon grass is used to make it.
Lemon coriander soup Mainland China is another variation served in many branches of Mainland China restaurants.
How to make vegetable stock for lemon coriander soup ?
To make a basic vegetable stock, take 2 large carrot, 1 big onion, 6 cloves garlic minced, salt, oil and 3 cup water.
Chop the vegetables in 1- inch chunks. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a deep vessel pan. Add the vegetables and cook in high flame heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add salt and water and bring to a boil.
Stain and discard the vegetables.
Basic vegetable stock water is ready to add in lemon coriander soup.
Other vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, bell peppers and beans can be used. .
Steps to make the recipe
Vegetable stock making
Make 2 to 3 cup vegetable stock water as described above. If you are in a hurry, you can use fresh water as well to make lemon coriander soup.
Making the soup
Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a wok or deep pan. When the oil become hot add chopped garlic and fry till light brown.
Add green chili paste, shredded cabbage and chopped carrot. Saute them for 1 minutes.
Pour 2 cup above prepared vegetable stock water and simmer. Add salt and white pepper powder.
Now add chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice. Mix and simmer.
Make a slurry by mixing corn flour and water. Pour the slurry slowly over the soup and simmer
The soup slowly start to thicken. Adjust the thickness accordingly. Taste the seasoning, if required add some more salt or pepper.
Sprinkle some coriander leaves and remove the soup in a serving bowl and serve.
Lemon coriander soup for weight loss
Soups are often said to be incredible addition to a weight loss diet. And lemon coriander is one of such popular soup. This soup contains lemon juice, which is a storehouse of Vitamin C, antioxidant and minerals. Lemon is a staple ingredient in all popular detox drinks.
Coriander is rich in Manganese, Iron and Magnesium. According to some experts, it can help rev up metabolism naturally, a faster metabolism help you loss weight faster.
Soup help you retain the fibre of all the vegetables used. And also the water content is high in soup.
If you love lemon coriander soup then I am sure you would love the following soup recipes as well.
Lemon coriander soup recipe
Lemon coriander is a healthy Vitamin C rich clear vegetable soup. Made with herbs and vegetables and flavoured with some fresh coriander leaves and lemon juice.
Prep time 7 min, cook time 5 min, serve 2
Author Mobasir hassan
- 1 cup cabbage shredded
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped carrot
- 2 lemon wedges for juice
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 tablespoon green chili paste
- 1/4 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/3 tablespoon salt or as per taste
- 1/4 tablespoon white paper powder
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 2 cup vegetable stock
- Water as required
For vegetable stock
- 2 carrot
- 1 big onion
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Some finely chopped celery
- Parsley and fresh thyme (optional)
Making vegetable stock
- Hea oil in a deep vessel pan. Add the vegetables garlic, onion, carrot and salt. Cook them for 2 to 3 minutes under high flame heat.
- Add 3 cup water and simmer. Close the pan with a lid and boil for 30 minutes under slow flame heat.
- Stain and discard the vegetables. The stock water is ready.
Making lemon coriander soup
- Heat some oil in a wok or deep vessel pan and fry the chopped garlic till ligh golden.
- Add green chili paste, shredded cabbage and chopped carrot and stir fry for 30 seconds in high flame heat.
- Pour 2 cup vegetable stock or water and simmer. Add white pepper powder and salt. Stir to mix.
- Then add the chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice and give a good stir.
- Make a slurry by mixing 1 tablespoon corn flour with half cup water and pour into the soup slowly.
- Simmer till the soup become thick. Remove and serve hot topping with some fresh chopped coriander leaves.
Lemon coriander soup recipe video
( serving size 1 )
- Calorie : 67
- Fats : 2.8 g
- Protein : 1.4 g
- Carbohydrate : 9.1 g
- You can add some flavouring herbs like parsley and fresh thyme while making the vegetable stock.
- You can add different vegetables of your choice.
More popular recipes from desi Chinese cuisines