Pomfret masala fry | fish tawa fry Manglorian style
Pomfret Tawa fry recipe Manglorian style with step by step photos and video.
Fish fry are everyone's favorite. And fish masala fry is especially for all the foodies who loves fish fry with lots of masala coated.
Fish masala fry is versatile, yummy and extremely easy to make at home. And the best part is you can make them like restaurants. If you are looking for a fish masala fry recipe, you have come to the right place. Here I bring you the step by step guide on how to make fish masala fry recipe on tawa.
In this masala fry recipe I have used Pomfret fish. Pomfret fish is one of the most popular fish that you can try and make for your dinner. And with a tawa fry masala it taste delicious and yummy. This restaurant style fish tawa fry recipe is very easy to make at home with very less ingredients at the comfort of your kitchen.
I am using white Pomfret fish for the recipe, you can use any fish of your choice to make.
This fish Tawa fry recipe is very popular in State like Maharashtra, Mangalore and most other South Indian states.
Which fish is good for tawa fry
The popular fish for tawa fry are pomfret, Surmai and bangda.
You can use any other fish as well to make this tawa fry recipe. Prawns, king fish(Seer) and Basa fish are also good choice to make this recipe. You can use either boneless or with bone fish for this. If you love tawa fry then I am sure you would love the recipe of surmai fry as well.
Here I have used a full pomfret to make the recipe. And this pomfret fry comes loaded with lots of masala.
This masala makes it different from other fish fry recipe which are generally dry. In Mangalore, pomfret fry are served with a special masala known as tawa fry masala.
Curry leave is a important ingredient for this masala as it gives an aromatic flavour to the resulting dish. Also tamarind pulp is used to give the masala little bit tangy flavor.
Pamphlet fish fry
This tawa fry masala is a very useful masala that can be used to prepare multiple dishes. Fish, chicken and Lamb can be cooked with this masala to make fish Tawa fry, chicken tawa fry and Lamb ( mutton) tawa fry.
You can even use this masala to make mushroom tawa fry and paneer tawa fry for vegetarians.
So you just need to make this masala and cook anything you want to get those amazing dishes.
Ingredients for tawa fry masala
- Kashmiri chilly
- Betki chilly
- Coriander seeds, cumin seeds
- Ginger and garlic
- Curry leave
- Tamarind pulp
Can you freeze this tawa fry masala ?
This masala can be kept for around 30 days in a freezer. After making the masala keep it in a air sealed container and store in the freezer. Or you can divide the masala into small portions to freeze for easy use.
If you want to make paplet masala fry like the one that are served in restaurants then make this masala first and then fry.
Steps to make pomfret tawa fry
Making tawa fry masala
Roast both the betki and Kashmiri chilly in a pan over medium flame fire for 2 minutes. Remove and cool down completely.
Cooking the fish
Cut the pomfret into pieces and wash them properly to remove all the dirt.
Heat oil in a pan over medium flame heat and pour the tawa fry masala with few curry leaves. Cook the masala for 2 minutes.
Pour half cup of water into the masala and give a good mix. Then add the pieces of pomfret and cook.
Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt or as per required and tamarind pulp into the mixture and cook further. The masala slowly become dry and start to coat the fish pieces nicely.
Remove the Pomfret pieces and arrange in a serving plate and garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Heath benefits of Pomfret fish
- Pomfret fish are high in Omega 3 fatty acids, which are for healthy heart.
- Pomfret are rich source of protein.
- It also contains various minerals such as iron, zinc and calcium.
- It contains high quality amino acids .
- Pomfret are high in vitamin D.
If you love the recipe of Pomfret fish tawa fry recipe then I am sure you would love the recipe of
Pomfret fish Tawa fry recipe
Pomfret Tawa fry is a famous dish from southern part of India. This Manglorian style Pomfret Tawa fry recipe is made by cooking the fish in a Tawa fry masala. Which is made using betki and kashmiri chilly with curry leaves and other spices.
Prep time cooking time serving
15 min. 10 min 2
Author :- Mobasir hassan
- 1 cup Betki chilly whole
- 1/2 cup Kashmiri chilly whole
- 2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 7 - 8 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger root
- 10 - 12 Curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon tamarind pulp
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Remove the stems from the chilly and roast both betki and kashmiri chilly in a pan over medium flame for 2 minutes.h
- Switch off the flame, remove and cool down completely.
- Mix cumin seeds, coriander seeds, curry leaves, garlic cloves, ginger and grated coconut with the chilly.
- Grind them into a fine paste using little water. This is the Tawa fry masala.
- Remove fins and tails from the pomfret and cut it into 5 - 6 pieces.
- Wash and remove all dirt from it.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry curry leaves. Then pour the Tawa fry masala and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour half cup water and mix with the masala.
- Now add the pomfret pieces into the masala and cook.d
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and the tamarind pulp and cook till the masala become dry and we'll coated with the pieces.
- Switch off the flame and remove them.
- Serve them hot sprinkling coriander leaves.
Pomfret fish tawa fry recipe video
- Calories :- 230 cal
- Carbohydrate :- 0
- Fats :- 15 g
- Protein :- 24g
- Soak the tamarind in light warm water for 15 minutes and stain to use in the recipe.
- Use very little amount of grated coconut while making the tawa fry masala.
- Curry leaves is essential for this recipe so use it while making the Tawa masala and while cooking the fish .
More popular recipes