Eggless Banana Cake Without Oven
Cakes are everyone’s favourite! And they especially are for all the foodies and cooking enthusiasts.
Banana cakes are versatile, yummy and extremely easy to make. And the best part is, you do not even need an oven to bake it. If you have been looking for such a banana cake recipe without oven, you have come to the right place! Here, I bring you a step-by-step guide on how to make banana cake in the cooker. Whether this is your first time stepping inside a kitchen or being a professional chef, this recipe is for everyone.
Before we jump into the recipe, let us look at how nutritious a banana cake is. Banana cakes have many health benefits. They are low in cholesterol and have high amounts of calcium and iron. These cakes are also loaded with many vitamins and minerals. Banana, in general, is very healthy. One piece of banana suffices a person’s daily potassium requirements easily.
Baking a banana cake is also easy and takes very less time! It is a great option for a nice brunch on Sunday. Traditionally, like any other cake, a banana cake is also baked in a regular oven. There are, in fact, many kinds of ovens and as a cooking enthusiast, it is important for you too to know the difference between them. Click here to learn more about the different types of oven available in the market.
But today, in this article I will give you a detailed guide on how to make banana cake using pressure cooker.
Without any further delay, let us dive into the banana cake recipe in cooker.
Total time taken to make a banana cake without oven takes about just an hour. This includes twenty minutes of preparation time and forty minutes of baking time. You may want to freeze your cake for about fifteen minutes, but that is optional. Talking of optional things, this cake does not add any eggs, so it is entirely vegetarian. But if you want, you may add two eggs to the batter.
How to make Cake without Oven
You can use either a pressure cooker or idli steamer to make Cake. It will take around 40 to 50 minutes to bake the cake completely.
Pressure cooker can be used in two different ways.
- First one by filling around 2 inch water and placing the trivet at the bottom of the cooker. Then place cake mix vessel on the trivet and close with the lid. Don't use the rubber and whistle.
- Second one by placing salt at the bottom of the cooker. Make sure the bottom is filled around 1 inch with the salt. Then place the trivet over the salt and cake mix vessel over the trivet. Close the cooker with the lid and don't use whistle.
Steps to prepare Banana Cake Recipe Without Oven
Step 1: Banana Cake Batter Preparation
In a mixing bowl, add the ripe bananas and mash them with a fork. When the bananas have been mashed well, you are ready to add the other ingredients.
Add sugar, vanilla extract, ghee, milk, honey, and curd. Stir for a few minutes using silicon or wooden spatula or a whisk.
In another mixing bowl add flour, cocoa powder, the baking powder, baking soda and then give a good mix. You can skip to add the cocoa powder if you wish.
The final step in preparing the batter is to add the all-purpose flour mixture with the banana mixture and give a final whisk to mix everything nicely. Make sure there are no lumps left. Keep it aside after the batter is ready.
Step 2: Preparing the Pressure Cooker for Baking
You can use an idli vessel or a pressure cooker. Fill it with two inches of water and place a trivet dish at the bottom of the vessel. Take an aluminium vessel and freeze it with ghee. After this, dust some flour on it.
Or you can use a cake making ring also. Place it over a parchment paper and then cover the paper with a aluminum foil at the bottom and seal the ring. Grease and dust the paper with ghee and flour.
This makes our pressure cooker/ idli vessel ready for baking the cake.
Step 3: Bake the Cake
In the greased and flour-dusted aluminium vessel or cake ring pour the entire Banana Cake batter. Flatten it by using your hands or a spatula. You can add some toppings such as chocolate chips and chopped almonds over this flattened cake batter. Your cake batter is ready to be baked now.
Carefully place the batter vessel( cake ring) inside the idli vessel or the pressure cooker. At this point, it is important to ensure that the water does not enter the cake batter utensil. Take a light lid and place it over the cooker/ idli vessel. Do not use the lid of the pressure cooker.
Turn the flame on and let the cake get baked for the next forty minutes on High heat. After the 40 minutes are over, check the cake if it has baked or not. You can use a knife for this to check if the cake is baked from the inside too.
Step 4: Your Banana Cake is Ready!!
Take the cake out of the vessel immediately after baking. Refrigerate it for at least 15 minutes. For the best taste and fluffiness, you can refrigerate it overnight. And your banana cake baked without an oven is ready!
Frosting the banana cake (optional)
I love to frost this banana cake with Cream Cheese based frosting. For that take 2 to 3 tablespoon Cream Cheese and combine with little butter. Add some powdered sugar and whisk until smooth.
Now place this over the top of the cake and spread nicely to cover.
Chill for about 10 minutes to set. Cut and serve.
Popular evening snacks recipes
Eggless banana cake recipe
Moist eggless banana cake recipe without Oven. Homemade banana cake using a pressure cooker.
Prep time 20 min, cook time 40 min, serve 6
Author Mobasir hassan
- 6 ripe Bananas
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup oil or Ghee
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2.5 cup All-Purpose flour (maida)
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup curd
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa powder (optional)
- 3 tablespoon Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoon powdered sugar
Some other ingredients (Optional):
- Raw Honey: 1 tbsp
- Almonds, chopped: 10- 12
- Choco Chips
Making the batter
- Peel the bananas, cut and add in a mixing bowl. Mashed them nicely by using a fork or blender.
- Add ghee, vanilla extract, honey, curd, sugar and milk. Whisk together everything nicely till become smooth.
- Take the all purpose flour (maida) in another mixing bowl and Cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Give them a good mix. Use of Cocoa powder is optional but it can give a good taste and color.
- Now add this flour mix with the banana mix slowly and whisking. Make sure there are no lumps. If required pour some milk while mixing to make the batter smooth.
- Fill a big size pressure cooker with two inches of water and place a trivet dish at the bottom.
- Take an aluminum vessel and grease and dust with ghee and flour. Or you can use a cake ring also.
- Pour the entire banana cake batter in the greased and flour dusted vessel. Fatten it by your hand or a spatula. If desired add some topping like chocolate chips or chopped almonds or any other nuts over the flatten cake batter.
- Now carefully place this batter vessel inside the pressure cooker. Make sure the water does not enter the cake batter utensil. Cover the cooker with a lid.
- Turn the gas flame on and bake the cake for the next 40 minutes in high flame heat.
- After the said time check the cake if it has baked or not. You can use a knife or a toothpick and insert it in the centre of the cake. If it come out as clean then the cake is baked completely.
- Remove the cake vessel from the cooker and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. For the best taste and fluffiness you can refrigerate it for overnight.
- In a bowl combine little butter and 2 to 3 tablespoon Cream Cheese. Add some powdered sugar and mix till everything become smooth.
- Place this over the top of the banana cake and spread nicely to cover the cake. Chill untill set about 10 minutes.
- Cut the cake and serve.
Eggless banana cake recipe video (without oven)
- Calorie : 327
- Fats : 18 g
- Protein : 3 g
- Carbohydrate : 38 g
I hope that this tutorial helped you learn how to make banana cake without oven. This banana cake recipe without oven is easy to follow, and the cake prepared is delicious. Everyone, kids and adults love this cake alike! Now that you are ready to bake your Banana Cake without using an oven, have fun cooking this nutritious, yummy cake. Happy Cooking!
More popular recipes you can read and make at home are......