How to make jalebi recipe
This Jalebi recipe with step by step photos and video will help you to make the perfect traditional jalebi recipe at home. There is also a short description about instant or quick recipe for it to make at home.
Over the centuries, the recipe for jalebi evolved. It is
believed that the traditional jalebi we know today with its
distinctive spiral shape was developed in medieval India. The process of
fermenting the batter and frying it in ghee or oil likely developed during this
- Maida ( all purpose flour)
- Ghee or oil
- Cardamom powder
- Orange food colour
How to make jalebi at home
- Use only curd with flour to ferment the batter
- Keep the Jalebi batter in a warm place or room temperature for good fermentation.
- Try to use a jalebi making cloth to pipe the batter.
- Keep the Ghee temperature to medium low to fry them.
- Fry slowly on both sides till become golden.
- Drain any excess ghee before dipping them in light warm sugar syrup.
- Instant jalebi making method
- Traditional jalebi making method
Instant jalebi recipe can made with ENO. For that make a thick batter by mixing maida, curd and water. Add few drops of vinegar and a pinch of ENO. And knead or whisk everything together to make a thick free flowing batter.
Instant jalebi without yeast
If you want to make jalebi then why don't you try the traditional method which is more simple and can be made with less ingredients.
We are making jalebi with traditional method by fermenting the flour.
Cover and place the dough at a warm place for 10 - 12 hours or overnight. During the fermentation process the pH of the batter decreases from 4.4 to 3.3, but so does nitrogen and free sugar. The main bacteria that are involved in our jalebi batter are Lactobacillus fermentum, L. buchneri, Streptococcus lactis. Next day you can noticed that some bubbles are formed over the dough. Now whisk the dough nicely for about 2 minutes. It will become smooth and free flowing.
- You need a thick and free flowing batter. It should neither be too thick nor thin.
- Sugar syrup with one string consistency.
- Low temperature of oil or ghee while frying the jalebi.
- A good jalebi cloth or a piping bottle or sauce bottle with a medium large opening.
- A thick curd or yogurt to mix with maida.
Steps to make the recipe
1. As we are making jalebi with fermented batter, so first prepare the batter to ferment it.
2. Cook the sugar syrup till it become thick and attain one string consistency.
3. You can check by removing one teaspoon sugar syrup and place one drop between the index finger and thumb. Move your finger away from each other and it should form a single thread.
4. Mix cardamom powder and a drop orange colour, remove the sugar syrup in a container.
2. If using a sauce bottle then transfer batter into it.
And if using a jalebi cloth then place the cloth over a bowl and pour the batter over it. Bring the edges to centre and close gripping by the palm of hand.
3. Squeeze the batter in hot oil making a spiral motion from inside to outside.
6. Similarly make more jalebi continuously adjusting the space of the pan.
You can even make apple jalebi and pineapple jalebi by using this jalebi batter. Cut apple and jalebi into thin round shaped.
Crispy jalebi recipeCrisp jalebi recipe you can make at home like a pro. These jalebi are crisp and full of juicy sweet from inside. They are often served during festival season. You can make these spiral shape jalebi with maida and dip them in sugar syrup.
- 1 jalebi making cloth or sauce bottle
- 200 gm all purpose flour ( maida)
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- Water as required
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- One drop orange food color (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon elaichi powder
- Ghee or oil for frying
- Take the maida in a mixing bowl and add the curd. Mix it with the flour.
- Pour water and mix to make a very thick batter. After fermentation it will become smooth and free.
- Keep the batter at a room temperature for 10 - 12 hours to ferment.
- You will notice that some bubbles are formed over the batter after the fermentation.
- Take the fermented batter and start to mix with a spoon or whisk to make it uniform.
- We need a thick free flowing batter for the jalebi. If it is thin then add some flour and mix.
- Take the sugar and water in a pot and heat over medium flame. Stir constantly till the suger melt.
- Cook the syrup till you get one string consistency.
- Add cardamom powder and remove.
- Heat oil or ghee in a flat vessel pan over medium heat flame.
- Take the jalebi batter in a sauce bottle or jalebi cloth.
- When the oil become hot lower the gas flame to low.
- Squeeze the batter in the bottle or cloth in hot oil, making spiral motion from inside to outside.
- Keep the temperature of the oil to low while piping the batter. Otherwise you won't be able to make the shape.
- If the batter is dispersing in oil then it is too thin. Add some flour and fix it.
- Once you made the spiral shape, continue to make more jalebi continuously.
- Cook them on low flame till crisp and golden by flipping them at regular intervals.
- Remove and drain any excess oil from them.
- Dip them into the light warm sugar syrup and allow to rest for 2 minutes to absorb the syrup.
- Remove them from sugar syrup and serve with rabdi or milk.
jalebi recipe video
- Calorie :- 324 kcal
- Carbohydrate : 75 g | protein : 4 g
- Cholesterol :-1 mg
- Kadai chicken
- Prawns koliwada
- Tandoori soya chaap
- Afghani Chicken tikka
- Chole bhature recipe
- Paneer bhurji
- Onion samosa
- Appam recipe
- Dal Pakwan
- Shalgam ki subzi
- Banana Cake recipe without Oven
- Matar paneer
- Chicken roll recipe
- Missi roti
- Egg bhurji
- Tandoori roti
- Kulcha recipe
- Onion kulcha
- Amritsari kulcha
- Onion Uttapam
- Hariyali kabab
- Fish fry recipe
- White sauce pasta